Sunday, June 12, 2011

Busch Gardens

First, let me warn you that this blog post is longer than normal. :) Now, on to the fun!

We arrived at Busch Gardens this morning with a very excited young man! Since we'd never been, he was super excited to check things out! Our first adventure......riding a lion!
As we began exploring, Austin found his first ride! And since there were no lines, he rode it twice!



Next stop was Australia. Austin wasn't camera shy this morning! He even got to pet the kangaroo!

Since it was HOT, we took a break in the a/c to enjoy a show. Since I couldn't use my camera, I have no pics, but it was amazing acrobatics and highly entertaining!Busch Gardens has a wonderful area just for kids, called Sesame place, with all the Sesame street characters. Austin rode Grover's roller coaster all by himself! (he's in the back row)

A small boat ride. :)

Austin has always wanted to play in the rope climbing jungle gym at Sea World, but the way its designed, I can't see him, so he's never played in it. He really wanted to play in this one, and luckily for him, we could make it work. It was built between tree houses, so I got on one end, Dad got on the other, and Austin was happy cause he got to climb thru! He is my no fear child!




Halfway between us.This was my view, he's the one in the red shirt, halfway across the ropes.
Coming back across. After going back across again, this time in an even higher rope bridge, there were tunnels and things to climb thru. I love this shot I got of him playing above me! (not edited either)After finally getting him out of the rope jungle, we made a pit stop in for the race track. While waiting for the train to arrive, we notice a 'cool zone'. This was not just any cool zone though, you got completely soaked! As the large roller coaster flew by, it sprayed up a wall of water, drenching anyone standing in the 'cool zone'. I tried to get a pic of the wall of water, but my camera was just a bit too slow! Drenched! But he wasn't hot anymore!The train!
Dad and Austin in the cool zone, after the train ride. Mom and Austin on the log flume.Bumper cars! Another lion.My little monkey. :) I wasn't able to get a picture, but Austin rode the zip line! 3 stories up, no fear what so ever! After the zip line, we found this one around the corner so he hopped on! This one went up, dropped down a bit, up again etc. He loves these type rides......crazy kid! Tigers!




Earlier in the day when we visited the 'lookout' spot, the tigers were viewable, but not right next to the box. This time, it was laying right on top!My little navigator. Visiting Egypt. Just before calling it a day, Austin decided to try on this crazy snake hat.

No comments: