Saturday, April 9, 2011

Austin's First Game!

After 3 weeks of practice, its finally here! Austin's first soccer game! Austin had his own cheering squad today too. Granny, Pa, Grandpa, Mary Jane and Ms. Shelby all came up for the day to root for our little soccer player! I'm not sure which was more exciting for him though, the game, or having everyone come up for the day!


Our team, meeting with the ref and getting ready to start the game!

Go GREEN!Shelby was the best little cheerleader ever! She yelled and clapped right along with the rest of us! Course she never went very far from her Grandpa either! :)
Austin's number 7, go team!


That red team was FAST!
Austin doing a 'corner kick' just before the end of the game.




Great job green team! Even though we lost this game, everyone had a great time! And I love that there was no emphasis put on score, it was never announced or anything of that nature, which is how things should be at these ages. Every one played a great game! I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: